Chengdu was inhabited over four thousand years ago as an important center of a unique ancient culture. You could touch the ancient culture relic when doing the tour to Sanxingdui and Jinsha sites.
Due to its fertile Chengdu Plain, Chengdu is known as the “Country of Heaven”(also translated as The Land of Abundance).
As we know, the giant pandas are Chinese national treasure and one of the rarest animals in the world. Now the total number of pandas living around the world is around 1500. 80% of giant pandas live in Sichuan Province and Chengdu is home of the giant pandas. A breeding center for giant pandas was founded in the north suburbs of Chengdu.
Chengdu is an officially recognised UNESCO City of Gastronomy. Culinary art and tea culture are both withdistinct characteristic of Sichuan. Especially, it will be unqiue and unforgettable experience when you try to taste authentic Sichuan cuisine like hot pot which always make the most use of the use of spicy chilies and peppercorns.
With over a thousand years of history, tea culture and tea trade are very properous in Chengdu.
Nearly in every city corner, you could find tea house and local people sit there and enjoy tea drink in the bamboo chairs.
If you want to have leisure and enjoyable life, please do not miss this city – Chengdu.
Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit policy tips:
1. Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit policy: from September 1st, 2013, foreigners who don’t have China visas could stay within Chengdu administrative areas for 72 hours under the circumstances as below: holding a third country/region visa as well as a joint ticket to this third country/region, enter and leave China via Chengdu Shuangliu Airport.
2. International arrivals and departures area of Terminal 1, Chengdu Airport, has set up special boot flags and dedicated channel for 72-hour transit entry guests. There are also tips cards to remind travelers the stay period as well as the scope of activities to comply with Chinese laws and regulations. Before passing customs, it is easy for guests to find entry cards and tips cards by signs written in both English and Chinese.
3. When flights arrive in Chengdu, airline staff would guide passengers to designate area, where there are two specified border officers providing this service for them.
4. Foreigners who choose Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit stay in Chengdu, should not exceed the permitted length of stay, neither go out Chengdu administrative regions. In case of force majeure and other reasons, guests need to stay in Chengdu for more than 72 hours, or beyond the city limits of permitted stay, they should go to Exit-Entry Administration of Chengdu Public Security Bureau for appropriate visas.
5. 45 applicable countries of Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit policy in Chengdu port: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, UK, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, USA, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, Qatar.
6. The Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit policy is only suitable for foreigners who entering Chengdu directly from other countries. For instance, if a foreign tourist arrived in Chengdu from Seoul via Hefei, he/she cannot enjoy this policy.
7. The Chengdu 72-hour visa-free transit policy would start to count the stay hours from the day after entry. So theoretically expatriates could stay in Chengdu for 4 days.
|The Chengdu Panda Base is hometown of giant pandas living all over the world. By 2010 the number of pandas has increased to 97 fro ...More|
|People`s Park is an urban public park in central Chengdu. Covering an area of 112,639 square metres (1,212,440 sq ft), it is the l ...More|
|Dujiangyan irrigation infrastructure was built in 256 BC during the Warring States period of China by the State of Qin. It is loca ...More|
|Mount Qingcheng is a famous mountain where Taoism orginated in China. In 2000, it was enrolled into the UNESCO World Heritage List ...More|
|Sanxingdui is historic archeological site with lots of precious artifacts which can be dated back to 5000 years ago. It`s regarded ...More|
|Jinsha ruin m was discovered in 2001, only 50kilometers from Sanxingdui. This site flourished about 1000 BC and share similarities ...More|
|The Leshan Giant Buddha Scenic Area, together with The Mount Emei Scenic Area has been listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site since ...More|
|Officially opened to the public on 1st December, 2004, Jinli Street is the best place to taste of the ancient flavor of Chengdu. ...More|
|As a gathering place for spirits seeking for enlightenment and center of Taoist studies, Green Ram Temple is one of the most famou ...More|
|Thatched Cottage of Du Fu is located in the western part of Chengdu city. Just as the name implies, here is the former residence o ...More|
|Chengdu Wuhou Memorial Temple also known as the Memorial Temple of Marquis Wu is a famous historical site located in the south par ...More|
|In Mt. Emei, the Buddhist architectures, music, grottoes and paintings all reflect the rich religious flavor and culture. ...More|
|Wide and Narrow Alley is one of historical sites and the top tourist destination in Chengdu city. ...More|